- 1 stick butter, melted*
- 1 1/3 cup Flour, AP
- 1/4 cup Sugar, Granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla, Extract
- Pinch of Salt, optional
*If butter is salted, skip the pinch of salt. If butter is unsalted, use the pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, sugar and salt. Add butter and vanilla and mix until evenly moistened.
- Place mix on parchment paper and cover with another sheet of parchment paper. Roll out dough to a rough triangle, just shy of the size of your baking sheet. Discard top sheet of parchment paper. Trim the edges to form a clean rectangle. Place on baking sheet and score into 24 bars. Poke dough with a fork and freeze for approximately 10 minutes.
- Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Remove from coke and cut into bars while shortbread is still warm. Let cool before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.