- 15 ounce can Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 cup Sugar, Light Brown
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla, Extract or Paste
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon All-Spice
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom, ground (freshly ground gives the best flavor)
- 3/4 teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1 1/4 cup Cream, Heavy Whipping
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Corn Syrup, light
- 1 cup Sugar, Confectioners’ (Powdered)
- For crust, prepare the Shortbread Cookies/Pie Crust recipe. Crumble the cooled cookies in a food processor. Melt 2 tbsp butter and mix with cookie crumbs to form crust. Press into pie plate. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the first 9 ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined. Add eggs in, 1 at a time, combining after each addition. Add in heavy cream, mix on low until thoroughly combined.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake until edges are puffed and center is set, about 1 hour. Cool completely, cover and chill overnight.
- Prepare marshmallow topping. Put egg whites and corn syrup in stand mixer bowl, using a whisk attachment, and whip on high until medium peaks form. Add in powdered sugar and whisk on medium-high until powdered sugar is incorporated, then turn mixer to high and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Shortly before serving pie, cover completely with marshmallow topping. Brulee topping and refrigerate until serving.